Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What the Duck

I don't really remember where I first read about this on-line comic, but it's kind of fun for all of us photo geeks. It's called "What the Duck", and it's about a duck who just happens to be a photographer (or is it a photographer who just happens to be a duck?). If you're curious about the strip (or just looking for one more thing to occupy your time rather than actual work stuff), you'll find it at http://www.whattheduck.net/. Enjoy.

I've been home from Yellowstone for a couple of weeks now, and believe it or not I have been working on pictures for the web. I've upgraded a few of my Olympic National Park shots with larger images and I also finally managed to load my wolf pictures from Yellowstone. Don't get too excited--there aren't any winter pictures of them. I never made it to Lamar Valley. I have hope for some early spring pictures, though. Stay tuned.

Oh, I've also found various CDs and DVD-Rs containing more pictures, including my disk of pictures from my 2006 whale watching expedition in the San Juan Islands. I've been going through them and expect to start posting some of those pictures by the end of the week.

I return to Yellowstone in early April for two weeks of management training, then home again for a short time before returning yet again on May 1st for the summer season. This summer, however, I will be working at Grant Village as assistant front office manager. It will be an experience, to say the least. Watch this space for my thoughts on THAT little adventure throughout the summer.

No comments: