Monday, December 10, 2007

Just an update


Welcome baby Piper!

My cute little niece was born Monday night, December 3. She weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces and was 19 inches long. Both mom and baby are doing well.

I'm back in Yellowstone, my two month vacation now over. I had a pretty easy drive, and I did spread it out over two days. I'm glad that I did. I don't like to drive more than seven or eight hours in a day (though I have done it once or twice), and this would have been about 10 hours all together. I saw some pretty country in Montana, places I've never been and will have to take time to explore next summer.
Training starts tomorrow at 9am; I'll move to Old Faithful on Saturday morning, which is when the fun will begin. The ranger at the entrance station told me that there is a good amount of snow at Old Faithful for this time of the year. It will be fun to see what "a good amount of snow" looks like. Maybe I will get pictures on the trip down. I'll try.

No comments: