Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Adventure Begins

Well, here it is, my last few days before summer vacation. Ooops, I mean, my last few days before beginning my new job.

If you don't know, I'm going to work in Yellowstone National Park as a guest service agent (desk clerk) at the Grant Village Lodge. Yes, I am disgustingly excited. Who wouldn't be excited to have the opportunity to live and work in such an incredible place? Grant Village is located on the south western shore of Yellowstone Lake, right on the road to Grand Teton. I'll have so much to explore during my time off, both in and out of the national parks. I have several flash cards for my camera, a ginormous hard drive in my laptop, and lots of blank DVDs to write pictures to. I think I'm prepared.

I've sold my house, and though closing isn't scheduled until the end of May, it is pretty much empty now. My storage unit is pretty much stuffed. I just have a few odds and ends to pack up and cleaning to do, and it's ready for the new owner. I can't believe I sold it so quickly...only on the market five days when I received the offer. So many houses sit on the market for what seems like forever before they sell. I guess I'm just lucky (and having an awesome house didn't hurt).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne!

Congratulations- I am so excited about your change!

I am looking forward to visiting your new website and hearing all about your adventures. You look fabulous, and I wish you the best with the new job and location.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joanne! I am also exicited to hear about your change and selling the house. I will frequent your website and will constantly be thinking of you and your adventures! Best wishes, Karen